Want to relieve stress, power up your immune system
and have fun too?
Join Julie Ann Sullivan, Certified Laughter Leader,
for a laughter workshop that will transform your
workplace and personal space.
2013 Laughter Club Dates – Each event is unique
Cost: perishable item for the food bank
Unitarian Universalist Church of the south Hills – Mondays at 7 pm
1240 Washington Road Pittsburgh 15228
January 28, April 22, July 22, October 28
Volunteers of America – Fridays at 8:30
1650 Main Street Pittsburgh 15215
February 22, May 24, August 23, November 22
Peters Township Library - Thursdays at 10 am
616 East McMurray Road Peters Township 15317
March 21, June 20, September 19, December 19
Laughter workshops allow its participants to learn how to create true mirthful laughter from within. Sound research has shown time and again the benefits of laughter, including:
• Relief of stress
• Stronger immune system
• Increased attentiveness
• Improved mood
Steve Wilson, a licensed psychologist and Karyn Buxman, a registered nurse, created The World Laughter Tour, Inc. in 1998. Together with their combined expertise and experiences they created the foundation for the Laughter Workshop experience. There are now over 6,000 Certified Laughter Leaders (CLL) around the world.
The Laughter sessions are not based on humor or jokes, but rather on laughter as a physical exercise. As CLLs we are taught:
- The World Laughter Tour model of therapeutic laughter, which utilizes great care to create an environment in which the therapeutic laughter activity will take place.
- To expose participants to the therapeutic potential of mirthful laughter through a systematic, repeatable, and educational program.
- Fun, mirth, attentiveness, support, encouragement and proper information are the heart of the experience, along with the invitation to examine and adopt a healthier lifestyle through healthier attitudes.
- The ability to participate in and create spontaneous, uninhibited, joyful, mirthful laughter with others and for one’s self. This one of the most important characteristic goals of the therapeutic laughter method.
This program will allow participants to:
- Realize the ability to and the value of creating spontaneous laughter
- Learn 14 benefits of “Laughing Out Loud”
- Learn through the “Good Hearted Living”™ principles, ways to carry a joyful life into everyday of the week.
For information on a laughter workshop at your business or organization,
call Julie Ann Sullivan @ 724-942-0486 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org